All furnaces need repair at one time or another. From strange noises to no heat, furnace trouble can show up in a variety of ways. Keeping an eye on your furnace is imperative to its overall system health, and when you see any of these signs, you should immediately call for furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MN:
- Abnormal noises: When you hear odd noises coming from your furnace, this is a clear sign that something is not right internally. It could mean that you have a clogged burner that needs to be cleaned, or one of the system parts is wearing and needs to be replaced. Don’t ignore these noises, as they are letting you know that something is wrong with your HVAC system.
- Low heat: If your home doesn’t seem to be getting the heat you need no matter what temperature you set your thermostat to, you should have furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MN to see what the problem is. A faulty thermostat could be to blame, or a clogged filter may be preventing airflow. This could also mean that your HVAC system isn’t the right size for your home and can’t keep up with its heating demands. All of these issues can be resolved by an HVAC service to make sure you get the heat you need to remain comfortable in your home.
- No heat: Nothing can be worse than having a furnace that doesn’t produce any heat, especially if it is on a dangerously cold night. While this can be symptomatic of a burned out pilot light or no power or gas getting to the furnace, it may also be an indicator of a larger problem that requires furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MN by a professional. Don’t hesitate to call for service when you have no heat, as this could turn into an emergency situation if left unaddressed.
- Musty smells: Anytime you smell something musty coming from your furnace, you should seek help from an HVAC A musty smell indicates that your furnace needs a cleaning, as it is burning dust that has built up inside it and in the air ducts. If the smell persists for more than a few hours, you shouldn’t hesitate to call for furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MN.
- Increased energy bills: If you see a spike in your energy bill, it can mean that your furnace is not operating as efficiently as it once did. An inspection from an HVAC service can troubleshoot the reasons for its inadequate operation and help your energy costs get more in line with what you were expecting. In this case, furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MN can help save you money over the life of your furnace as you make sure to maintain its operational efficiency.
Calling for furnace repair in Grand Rapids, MN at the first sign of an issue can save you from bigger problems with your HVAC system if left untreated. Call Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. for furnace repair at your home or business. We offer 24/7 service for HVAC and plumbing maintenance, repair and installation.