Do you have plumbing issues at home or place of business? Many of us want to believe we can fix the plumbing issues that befall our properties. But in reality, the truth is that most of us did not receive proper training in how to deal with plumbing repairs, and we do not own the specialized tools that the professionals use. To save yourself from needing costly repairs, take the initiative to call a plumbing contractor in Grand Rapids, MN when these signs present themselves:
- A constant drippy faucet: Both spaced-out dripping and rapid drops are signs that there’s a problem. The issue could be as simple as tightening the faucet or one of its components, or as problematic as extensive damage to piping under the sink cabinet or, worse, to a part of the system running behind your walls.
- You hear water drips in the walls: It’s not unusual to hear water moving inside the walls after a toilet has been flushed or a shower has been turned off. After all, your home’s plumbing system has to run through the walls, ceiling and floors in order to deliver water to all rooms with a water source. On the other hand, water sounds that continue long after, whether faint or loud, could spell disaster should a pipe be leaking into the interior walls.
- Water stains under sinks: Most of us use under-sink cabinets for toiletry and cleaning supply storage. Therefore, because you may not look inside these cabinets on a daily basis, leaks from the garbage disposal connector or a damaged u-bend pipe can go unnoticed until it’s too late. Check for new and old water stains under kitchen and bathroom sinks, as well as other water sources. If you have a feeling there’s a slow water leak, but you can’t seem to catch the drips in action, set a plastic container under the pipe in question and check it for water everyday.
- Water stains on ceilings or walls: Water stains associated with leaks can spread fast. That’s why it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact piping location where the leak originated—and why it often takes a trained eye to find it. Water stains are precursors to mold formation and rot, which are two things you definitely do not want in your home.
- You never had a complete plumbing inspection: Whether it has been years since your last plumbing inspection or you’ve just never had one performed, the time for a professional inspection and necessary maintenance is now. Older homes and buildings tend to make their own unique plumbing sounds—for example, the walls may seem to talk and groan after a sink is turned off or the toilet is flushed. This can seem normal to you, but you will never really know if a true problem exists if you don’t have a professional inspect your home’s pipes.
When you need residential or commercial plumbing services, no job is too great or too scary for the team at Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. Contact us as soon as you notice an issue with your plumbing system and we will quickly dispatch a plumbing contractor in Grand Rapids, MN to your location.