Diligent homeowners know the importance of taking care of the various appliances around the house. Some appliances are easy to maintain by yourself. Some appliances, on the other hand, necessitate the help of a professional. Your heater falls into the latter category—it needs to be maintained each year by an HVAC contractor in Grand Rapids, MN. Continue reading to learn why you need to seek professional heater maintenance, and why it’s never too early to call for inspection.
What goes into heater preparation?
Unless you’re in the HVAC industry, you probably don’t know a whole lot about getting your furnace ready for fall and winter. These are a few of the things we’ll do with your furnace when we come to your house:
- Filter replacement: Replacing or cleaning your filter each month is crucial if you want a properly functioning furnace. You can easily replace the filter by yourself 11 months out of the year, but we’ll take care of it when we stop by to maintain your furnace.
- Cleaning: Furnaces get quite dirty throughout the course of the year. Dirt and debris get caught up in all of the moving gears of your furnace, which rob the unit of performance and can eventually lead to breakdowns. You won’t have to worry about any of that dirt damaging your furnace once we’re through cleaning it!
- Inspection: Once everything is nice and clean, we perform a thorough examination of every aspect of your heater. We check all of the belts to ensure they’re not fraying, verify there are no cracks in your unit, and pore over each mechanism to ensure they’re working correctly. This inspection will guarantee that your furnace runs to the best of its ability all season long.
Why call now?
It may seem silly to schedule furnace maintenance in the middle of the summer, when it’s as hot as can be outside. But trust us—it’s never the wrong time to call an HVAC contractor in Grand Rapids, MN for an inspection! Here are a couple of reasons why our customers call us sooner rather than later:
- Get ready for sudden winter weather: It’s strange to think about now since it’s so hot out, but winter weather can hit at any moment. When you wake up on that first chilly morning and want to turn your heat on, will your furnace be ready? If you call now, it will be! Our professionals will clean and maintain your unit so you’re ready to face Jack Frost this winter.
- Beat the rush: The longer you wait to schedule maintenance, the longer the wait list for maintenance will be. We do our best to serve everyone as soon as possible, but our team is only so big. Calling to have service now will ensure we can inspect your unit before it gets cold out.
Whether you need repairs, installation or annual maintenance, Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. is your go-to choice when you need an HVAC contractor in Grand Rapids, MN. Give us a call today to learn more about all of our services or to schedule maintenance.