Regardless of the age of your home or when it was last updated, your plumbing fixtures aren’t going to last forever. Eventually, you will need to replace your old bath faucets with new fixtures. However, determining when it’s actually the right time to replace your old faucets isn’t always easy. Sometimes, faucet problems are so minor that you don’t even notice them, or they develop gradually without your even realizing that there’s an issue. Keeping an eye out for some of the most common signs that you need faucet replacement and consulting with a trusted plumber in Grand Rapids, MN can help you determine when it’s the best time to replace your fixtures:
- Handle leaks: If you notice leaks from the handle of your fixture when you turn it on, you should have your fixture replaced. These leaks tend to show up after years of heavy use and usually indicate that some of the components in your fixture have become worn out or degraded.
- Shower diverter problems: If your tub doubles as a standing shower, you probably have a diverter valve that you can switch so that water comes out of your shower head instead of your tub faucet, or vice versa. If you try to use this diverter valve but it isn’t working to change the flow of water, you will need to have this part repaired or, depending on the source of the problem, replaced entirely.
- Corrosion: Over time, rust and calcium deposits can build up on fixtures and slowly cause them to deteriorate. These issues are especially common in homes that have issues with hard water. These mineral deposits can be nearly impossible to clear away, so it’s best to replace the fixture and consider having a water softening system installed by a plumber in Grand Rapids, MN to prevent future damage to your fixtures.
- Dripping: Even a small drip can cause your water bill to spike significantly. Not only does this problem cause your utility bills to go up, but it can also contribute to water waste that’s detrimental for the environment. Paying the small price to replace a fixture will be well worth it in the long run when it comes to cost savings.
- Outdated style: Even if your bath faucet is still working great, you might want to replace it to update the look of your bathroom. New fixtures installed by a plumber in Grand Rapids, MN can make a big difference in how your bathroom looks, even if you don’t make any other major changes. It’s a simple, cost-effective way to refresh the appearance of your space. As an added bonus, you can invest in efficient fixtures that will help curb water waste in your home.
If you’re having trouble with one of your faucets, reach out to the team at Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. Since 1982, our team has been proud to provide exceptional plumbing services to the residents and businesses of Grand Rapids and the surrounding communities. Our master plumbers and technicians are equipped with the training, experience and resources necessary to deliver high quality plumbing service and repair for plumbing systems of any size. Get started with a free service estimate by giving us a call today!