Because they can be hidden behind walls or under floorboards, locating a leaking pipe isn’t always easy. But if you do find one, you need to call a plumber right away to fix it! Continue reading to learn a little bit more about leaking pipes and why you need to contact Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. as soon as you spot one.
- Property damage: The first reason to fix a leaking pipe is to eliminate the chance of property damage, or at least address it before the damage gets worse. The type of damage caused by a leaking pipe ranges from unsightly drywall all the way to a flooded home or a compromised foundation. Hire a plumber to avoid suffering the worst of these property problems.
- Higher water bills: Leaking pipe damage to your home is already extremely costly, but you’ll also feel that pain in your wallet when you pay your next month’s water bill. According to a study performed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a large leak can waste up to 90 gallons of water per day! Be sure to call a plumber right away if you notice a sudden spike in your bill.
- Health concerns: Where there’s a leaking pipe, there’s often mold growth. Those mold spores can cause breathing problems for people with respiratory issues, and the mold will only grow larger over time. Ensure everyone in your household is happy and healthy by fixing that leaking pipe right away and calling a professional for mold removal.
- Leaks get worse: Just like with mold growth, small leaks will only get worse over time. Fixing a leak right away mitigates property damage and helps ensure lower water bills. Additionally, small leaks are a lot cheaper to repair than big ones.
Call Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. first
Let’s hope you never have to deal with leaking pipes. But if you do, be sure to hire our pros at Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. Here are a few reasons our customers choose to call us when they need plumbing help:
- Fast response time: No company in town arrives on the scene faster than us. Whenever you call, you can count on us to reach your home as soon as possible to address that leak.
- Licensed and insured: Hiring an unlicensed or insured plumber is one of the worst mistakes a homeowner can make. We’re fully licensed, bonded and insured at Rapids Plumbing & Heating Inc. Additionally, we have five Master Plumbers on staff.
- Wide range of services: In addition to fixing leaks, we offer a variety of other services to keep your plumbing in prime condition. From water heater repairs to new plumbing installation, we’re your one-stop shop for any of your plumbing needs.
- Free estimates: Opening a repair bill from some plumbers can be scary due to high repair costs. That’s not the case with us. In addition to competitive prices, we provide free estimates for all of our services.
The choice is clear if you’re dealing with a leak: contact our team at Rapids Plumbing & Heating, Inc. We’ll arrive ASAP to assess the situation and make all necessary plumbing repairs to mitigate any leaking pipe damage.